Aftermath A Final Fantasy VII Roleplaying Community
Aftermath has begun. Applications are still being accepted.
It has been three years since Sephiroth attempted to summon Meteor and destroy the world in the name of Jenova. It has been two years since the Geostigma spread across the planet and the fragments of Sephiroth's psyche sought to bring about the Reunion. It has been a year since the battle in the ruins of Midgar. The crises appear to have passed, and the world has begun to move on.
Though it had humble beginnings, the World Recovery Organization has grown. Its mission of protecting the planet and preventing further destruction has drawn many supporters, and it has evolved from an underground militia to a political party with a great deal of power. The WRO is lead by Reeve Tuesti, former Shinra employee and Avalanche member, and its headquarters are located in the city of Edge.
Through perseverance and a great deal of hard work, the Shinra company has regained much of what it lost when Midgar was destroyed. Its employees have provided much needed aid in the process of rebuilding damaged towns and cities, and its president has given generously of his resources to fund the reconstruction effort. Yet despite his apparent good intentions, Rufus Shinra is still regarded by many people as a threat to the peace and stability of the world. No one has forgotten what was done to the world in the name of Shinra, and many fear that Rufus will make a bid for the control he once possessed.
Although Avalanche disbanded upon the defeat of Sephiroth, its former members have remained in contact with one another. Using their abilities and talents, they have aided the people of Gaia in rebuilding homes and businesses, and while none of them has yet joined the WRO, they have lended their support to the organization's mission whenever possible.
An uneasy truce has formed between the major powers of Gaia, as each faction shares the same desire to see the world returned to its former prosperity. But there are those who are discontent with the status quo, preferring chaos to the tentative peace. After all, nothing lasts forever.
While Aftermath takes place a year after the events of Dirge of Cerberus, knowledge of the game is not necessary to play. All you need to know is that the ruins of Midgar have been sealed off, and Reeve is leading the World Recovery Organization. The city of Edge has become the de facto capital of the world, where both the WRO and Shinra are headquartered.
Due to the revolving-door nature of the Lifestream - and the tenaciousness of some of the characters to avoid death - almost any character from any part of the FF7 series can be played. Original characters are also welcome and encouraged to join, so that the various groups can be fleshed out. Applications for truly dead characters - as opposed to the ones that only appear dead and then show up later alive and well - will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine that character's fit into the the game/storyline. If you wish to play a character that died somewhere along the way, please explain how and/or why he/she returned in the "Character Personality/History" section of the application.
1. Please choose a character that you can write/role-play well. If you choose a character that you are not familiar with or do not fully understand, you run the risk of falling out of character. Not everyone has the same idea of a character’s personality and motivations, and a character’s personality will change as that character experiences different situations. However there is a difference between an evolving character and one that is poorly played. Please stay in character. Any out of character comments or questions should be marked as such.
2. Any pairing is welcome (yaoi, yuri, or het), so long as all players involved agree. Any explicit posts (explicit defined as anything that would be rated R or higher) must be labeled as such and placed under an LJ cut. Technology and the workplace being what it is today, I want this community to be as workplace-friendly as possible.
3. Do not kill off another player’s character. The exception to this is if all players involved agree. This community was created to have fun, and I don’t want to see it devolve into a flame war. Along the same lines, please treat everyone courteously. You might be role-playing a character that’s a jerk, and that’s okay, but please treat the players with respect.
4. As of right now, there is a limit of five characters per player. This is so that a greater number of members can choose a character of their liking and one person isn’t playing all of the popular ones. If only a few people sign up, then each player can take on additional characters if they choose.
5. No gods allowed. I realize that many of the characters involved are powerful people, but to retain a storyline and keep the game enjoyable, no one can lay waste to the planet or kill everyone. Although storylines can develop in which characters must band together to fight other, more powerful characters.
6. Please post frequently. I know this can be difficult; I work full-time and I’ve got a ton of other responsibilities in my non-work hours. But to keep the game going, please post at least once a week. If something comes up where you will be away from the computer for many days at a time, make an OOC post and let everyone know. This prevents current storylines you may be a part of from becoming stagnant and/or leaving you behind.
7. No drama of the non-story variety allowed! If it's drama for the characters, it's welcomed and encouraged. But personal issues from the realm of reality should definitely not be brought into the game. Though I may play him, I am not Rufus Shinra; what he thinks and feels about any given thing is not the same as what I think and feel. Please don't take personally anything that a character does.